It is a blatant imaginary system imposed onto physical reality, that’s what money is: a mind creation that represents the relationships of power and abuse that we created in order to have more than others, and use others to do the work for ourselves. This is a mind problem that has become our current economic system backed up by the necessary political powers to make it ‘real,’ when it is absolutely not so. It is our creation, and it is our responsibility.
- 309. Equal Distribution of Power
- 315. Rights and Equal Money Capitalism
The power wielded by a businessmen is the power to create wealth through production, and trade. In regards to trade in a free market, a businessmen can only entice you to do his bidding, by offering you something that you judge to be of equal or greater value in return as judged of your own free-will. His power is the power of persuasion: the power to appeal to one’s mind. Such power is derived by creating value–such as when Bill Gates (Microsoft) creates better products at lower prices. The businessman’s spiritual tool is the mind–and its material counterpart–is the dollar.
A fundamental building bloc in our consciousness is the notion of and belief of power endowed to money and the ‘benefits’ that come with it, which makes of money and end in itself and with this, Power became a disease in the human mind wherein our ‘creative powers’ have built an entire fixed system where by ‘the way the system works’ we justify abuse, control, subjugation and the ability to decide upon others according to and directly proportional to the amount of wealth/ economic power individuals have, created by the necessary deceptive means as implied in the quote above.
I quote Bernard Poolman:
“There is No Morality. There is No Self Honesty. There’s No Consideration. There can be No Trust. You have No Integrity. There Can be No Integrity with the Current System. You Cannot Live within the System, with Integrity. It is Not Possible. You Have to Change it to What is Best for All, but…Will you? Not Really, because - you Can’t: “you’ll ‘Lose too much’”, you See - because you’re already Possessed too much. That’s the Demon within you – your Possessions: “I am Possessed by what I have, I can’t give it up - therefore, I can’t Share, I can’t Give as I would like to Receive, because I already HAVE.” - Encryption, encryption, encryption…Backchat, backchat, backchat – Self-Righteous, Justified.”
- This belief and justification of such Economic Power decides who stands at the top of the pyramid, who lives and who dies, who must live a life enslaved to a job to ‘make enough money to go by’ and who will be more focused on how to capitalize such wealth, which is in essence the disease of greed and power.
- Money was created to fix a very simple problem: how to create a medium of exchange that could give a value to two or more different things that were going to be traded, which is also entailing the requirement for a unit of account. Money is a convenient tool to exchange goods and services in a common unit. The exchange rate came into the picture later on, which is in itself a relationship of Power between Nations and ‘monetary authorities,’ which is the hegemonic structure where abuse was installed.
- It is a Store of Value which enabled individuals to convert perishables into more durable goods – right, but it became a lot more than this since the amount of ‘durability’ that wealth has is more than just a mere practical form to secure your earnings, it has become an addiction in itself where earning more, having more, wanting more has overruled any form of common sense in an individual that ‘tastes the glory of power’ and becomes entrenched with the right of ‘pursuing happiness’ to do so, which is openly acceptable in our dog-eat-dog capitalist ideology and world. So ‘Storing Value’ as money transformed into ourselves becoming and embodying such Amount of money that we have and call it ‘our wealth,’ our ‘power’ and justify it as our Lifestyle and Right to Be Happy.
- These are the very basic functions you’ll find Money exists for - so, how was it become our God and who has decided that only a few could really enjoy the ‘powers’ of it when having more than enough to do those basic trading operations? Well, it became a way to Control and Accumulate Money in itself as a form of Power/Control over others, this is through our own accepted and allowed ‘Authorities’ that are able to decide the Value of a currency in comparison to others, which reflects what we currently call our first and third world countries, there’s also the process of fixing prices and the rest has been explained where these regulations provide all the necessary legal means to make the most profit without any form of responsibility toward everyone involved in the creation of such Money as Value that became a Power/wealth in itself for some.
- By becoming a monetary authority, states can manipulate “the Forces” that determine price levels and international capital flows. This is what creates the ever justifiable ‘monetary policy autonomy’ between nations, and this is what moves the world as we know it. A single authoritarian decision to create value systems that benefit some, neglect the majority and is perpetuated through legal means – this is where such ‘Economic Power’ resides, Not the Individual.
- The greater concentration of this power, the better and our hegemonic system flourishes every time that we buy and consume from the Multinational Corporations and Enterprises that have become the real hegemons in our world system. It is this desire for Power that currently sets the ‘regulations’ and policies that are tailored to suit the interests of those that already hold the power, this is thus not a problem of ‘the System’ only, but of Human Nature existing in such cynical manner where No regard toward Life is existent, but we all Feed the machine through our very own desires to also have such power, so there’s no one to blame for other than our very own mind-mechanisms that have created money as a means to abuse in itself.
- The main problem is conceiving this power as ‘good’ and ‘great’ and ‘your right to property, liberty and happiness’ instead of looking at the consequences that such mechanisms are creating in our world. The imposition of currency values as Exchange Rates determine which country dominates another through trade where the motive is self interest and greed, why has there been no motivation to create a single currency? Because there would be no benefit in that, there would be no acceptance from equal currencies to accept another country’s capital to buy cheaper labor to then ship the goods to be sold at a higher price abroad, isn’t it? Slavery, famine, homelessness, debts, lack of health, subordination, immigration, and any other form of abuse and slavery is accepted and allowed by this hegemonic system we’ve all complied to, a single VALUE we believe is real and ‘just’ by the means it was proclaimed to be so.
So, how to Equalize this Economic Power within our current system?
- The key begins within the individual realizing that this current system of abuse called our monetary policies, economic system and the executives behind it must cease to exist as they do now, that implies a reform through political means – democracy is the way to implement a new political and economical system that actually restores to money its very basic functionality of being a medium of exchange, a unit of value and account – and that it serves to enable people to buy goods and services according to the amount of money earned through the labor they support the system with, it is thus a giving and receiving motion wherein there will be no ability to abuse, since Equal Profit share means that no matter what position you are in within the system, you get equal amount of money from the total profit made by the business/ corporation, and the same in any other governmental dependency, charge, service that you give outside of a main organization.
- The Value of Money will be life in itself, no longer someone’s desire to win more in Wall Street or exploiting ‘Free Trade’ in third world countries. It is and will be a functional tool that enables us to distribute life to all people that contribute to participate in the system, co-creating a sustainability that everyone can benefit from.
- One currency would be the most practical of course since our Exchange Rate Regimes are only created out of the relationships of power an inequality that are currently accepted in our world-system. However we will only see how Currency exists - for further reference on currency, read: ¿What will be the Currency in an Equal Money System?
The definition of Wealth will be an actual integrity of man willing to give and receive in equality, where money is the meaning of a generosity and appreciation for what we do to maintain and sustain a world system that is supporting each other equally. Appreciation means a-without price- it is recognizing the value of our own work for the benefit and convenience it provides for us all.
- There will be no more concentration of power since all profit will have to be immediately distributed to everyone in an equal manner. This is the end of corporatocracies, poverty, the elite, wars, imperialism, the have not's, the middle class and third world countries – everyone will have access to the most dignified manner of living we are able to construct/ build and create for each other, as Equals.
- Any desire for greed or power would be treated as a mental disease which will surely a security measure to ensure no human being is every again wanting to hoard any form of ‘economic power’ in the name of self interest.
For further reference, read the Equal Money Wiki
Place your questions as the Equal Money Forum and Equal Money Capitalism at Quora
Visit the Group Capitalism vs. Equal Money group on Facebook.
Read the Equal Money Wiki
Artwork by Matti Freeman